Students conducting this interview are Master’s students at UCSB’s Bren School of Environmental Science & Management. This research team is working on their Master’s Group Project, a capstone requirement of the master’s curriculum.
• The purpose of the study is to investigate the social, economic, and environmental feasibility of offshore wind development in the California Central Coast region.
• This research is not associated with any actual plans for wind energy development. Surveys conducted for this project are being used to gain an understanding of stakeholder perceptions, opinions, and concerns regarding potential offshore wind development in this region.
• If you wish to participate, the online survey will take approximately 8-10 minutes to complete. Your opinions are very important to us. Responses will be strictly confidential and only be used for this research. The data we collect will not be linked to your identity in any way.
• You are welcome to skip any questions you would prefer not to answer, and/or stop taking the survey at any time if you decide you would like to do so. There is no direct benefit to you anticipated from your participation in this study.
• If you have any questions about this research project or if you think you may have been injured as a result of your participation, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For more information about this project, please visit: http://www.calwindproject.com
• For more information about the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management, please visit: http://www.bren.ucsb.edu/
• If you have any questions regarding your rights and participation as a research subject, please contact the Human Subjects Committee at (805) 893-3807 or email@example.com. Or write to the University of California, Human Subjects Committee, Office of Research, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-2050
Thank you for taking time to participate in this survey!
The CalWind Group